stealthpunch
Monday, December 22, 2008
  When Everything's Dark Keeps Us From the Stark Reality
I need to figure out how to center date and title. It's driving me crazy. Also, comments aren't working? The world is collapsing.

Randomly:

A new study has been released about people who watch romantic comedies and love them. These people apparently have terrible love lives and a totally unrealistic expectation of what love should be. So watch out for John Hughes movies, he destroyed a generation.

It's good to know that northern CA drivers are the same as southern CA drivers in the fact that as soon as a single drop of rain hits the pavement everyone's IQ drops a hundred points. I have also noticed that northern CA drivers do not understand that when an ambulance is behind you with its lights flashing you need to move over to the right quickly because lives depend on it. Today I watched as an ambulance practically had to push a guy off to the side of the road and I had a major urge to murder him.

I realized tonight that I am like a mentally compromised person with good intentions. I don't think I'm allowed to say retarded so I didn't. I always set out to do good, but then I can't figure out how to follow through and wind up either abandoning the project mid-way or making a big mess of things. Two things in two days: I set out to install a dimmer switch in the living room where now there is a single switch. I cut open the dimmer package, turned off the power, took the old one out of the wall, put the new one in, and it didn't work. I called dimmer tech support and the guy told me I had the wrong model, so I had to put the old switch back in and close it up and in doing so I apparently broke it because now the light doesn't turn on. Then tonight out of the goodness of my heart and also not wanting him to die, tried to put new windshield wipers on Gray's car. Suddenly I'm wondering why I'm trying to do all these man jobs, but whatever. So I get one of them halfway off and then can't figure out how to put the new one on, and imagine Gray driving to work tomorrow with one wiper on and one off while the bare metal scrapes the windshield. So I put the old broken one back on and left the new ones on his front seat. Good intentions, retarded everything else. I mean mentally compromised.

The baby has a double ear infection, labeled 'severe' by his doctor. This is his first, and also his first time taking antibiotics. He's had a fever and has been miserable and has decided in the process that he doesn't like me and only likes his father. This is kind of sad, and hopefully temporary, but it does mean I can answer email without a toddler in my lap. If you have a baby with an ear infection, don't read about it on the internet because you think he'll go deaf overnight and will never be able to listen to Depeche Mode and you'll feel terrible and it's better just to not read.

Note to self: type less, and more often. I'll figure it out soon.


 
Comments:
Hi! Longtime reader here. I moved everything to google reader a while back and couldn't figure out how to add your journal. I was just sitting on the floor with my four year old while she "cleans" all our dvd's and she was cleaning the music cd that came with your book and she was talking about Beans. And I remembered I hadn't checked your site in ages! I jumped up and to the computer and discovered that you had moved to Blogger! And now I have subscribed! So, yay! I hope you do update more often.

Could your son be any cuter? Geez Louise...
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Name:
Location: SF Bay, CA
Archives
December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / April 2009 / May 2009 / July 2009 / August 2009 / September 2009 / November 2009 / October 2010 / December 2010 / March 2011 / May 2011 / July 2011 / August 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]