stealthpunch
Friday, December 19, 2008
  Hey Window Pane Do You Remember
Uh, how do I do links in the sidebar on this thing? And how do I center the date and the title? I feel like I'm in the middle of a lake with no paddle. Nice that I'm cool with Dreamweaver for six years, but then introduce Blogger and it's like I've never seen a line of code before. Links, blogroll - I need me a tutorial bad.

I just watched the movie "Next" while sitting on the couch stuffing my face with Burger King. At least it wasn't Popeye's. This is the Nicolas Cage sci-fi thing that came and went seemingly overnight even though it had a decent cast. Am I the only one who thinks he looked a little like Roland from TFF in it? Semi disturbing, semi arousing. Also, why did the black guy have to die? The black guy always dies.

A few years ago I wrote an entry about how I'd spent the afternoon at the park with my friend and her kid, and I said something like, "I had a flash and realized this is my future," all the while hoping it wasn't, that there would be something better to do with a kid than take him to the park and pretend to be interested that he crawled through a tunnel, that's amazing, yay!#!1! But there isn't. If I had a dollar for every day I've spent at the park, or some kind of Baby Fun Place, I would be loaded, way more loaded than I wish I was right now on all the Wild Turkey that I'm not drinking because I'm in the purgatory of maybe-pregnancy. Today I was in an upper-Peninsula indoor gymnasium-turned-gymboree, which was fun for the baby and fun for me only because I was with a friend, but come on. Two hours bouncing and tumbling and eating a little lunch? My brain is emulsifying. I don't even know if that word works, and you can blame it on my brain.

Also, ever since he turned 21 months last week he has become a biter, a thrower of dishes, and a non-eater of vegetables. This, everyone says, is a very trying age. And I would agree.

In other news, good news, I've finally after all this time started using Pandora, the internet jukebox, and it's great. I've made three Christmas stations, and now listen to Burl Ives sing Frosty the Snowman all day long. Also, Frank Sinatra sings a really bizarre version of Rudolf the Rednosed Reindeer, and there's some other stuff that had no business ever being recorded. But overall it's festive. You know what else would be festive? The gingerbread cookies I would have made had Beans not jumped up on the counter and eaten the box of mix while I was off watching the baby tumble and bounce. Merry Christmas, dumb Beans.
 
Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Name:
Location: SF Bay, CA
Archives
December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / April 2009 / May 2009 / July 2009 / August 2009 / September 2009 / November 2009 / October 2010 / December 2010 / March 2011 / May 2011 / July 2011 / August 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]