stealthpunch
Thursday, March 5, 2009
  I Was Born With the Wrong Sign In the Wrong House With the Wrong Ascendancy
The last I wrote was February 17th, which means I am stone cold lazy. And I just forgot my password to blogger and had to look it up, that's how lamely infrequently I write.

My son is 2 this week! How did that happen? I'm going to borrow a page from Minjenah and post before and afters.




Can we talk about American Idol? No? Okay, that's okay, it's going to be really boring this year anyhow. They're (the judges, and America) making some dumb choices already. If there's one thing I can't stand it's the injustice of putting someone through who doesn't deserve it when the guy next to him is a billion times better. And have I talked about how I had a great idea for a documentary a few years ago about hit songwriters and their behind-the-sceneness and how they're the ones creating the popular content for everything on the radio? Anyway, I was focused on trying to get an interview with Kara DioGuardi, who if you check the liner notes of everybody on Billboard has written songs for them, and she's of course the fourth judge on American Idol this year. So it will never happen now, but if I'd done it back then the documentary would be gold.

So there are the two documentaries that I've shot but which are just sitting on hard drives, and the first one focuses on a woman I'll call Barbara. Barbara sent me an email letting me know she was doing a radio interview today and that I could hear it on the net, so I tuned in this morning and listened, and she was really good as always. Then the host started asking her about the documentary, and 500 miles away my face started getting red. Barbara was very good-natured about my slowness, but then they started talking about this man the host knows who converts old VHS home movies to DVD, and the host was like, "Why doesn't she give the footage to him and HE could edit the film?" and Barbara was all, "That's a GREAT idea!" Good lord. And if he did he'd probably win the Palme d'Or or something.

I'll write more soon. Sooner. Soonish. Promise.
 
Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Name:
Location: SF Bay, CA
Archives
December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / April 2009 / May 2009 / July 2009 / August 2009 / September 2009 / November 2009 / October 2010 / December 2010 / March 2011 / May 2011 / July 2011 / August 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]